1. A contract will be binding between Streetwise Automotive and the customer upon the booking of “car service”.
2. If you place an order via the phone or internet you warrant that you are legally capable of entering into a contract of sale and you are at least 18 years old and reside in the UK.
3. Streetwise Automotive will provide details of the cost of each car service and the work required before the work is done. All work and costs, including additional work must be approved by the customer before any work is carried out if at all possible. However there are times when unexpected issues may arise, therefore we reserve the right to fully repair or to stop work on your vehicle, we will make these decisions in what we believe are in the customers best interest. If the customer supplies parts that we decide are inferior to OE specification, we reserve the right not to fit the supplied part or offer any warranty, we reserve the right to replace the inferior part with an OE spec part in order to complete the repair, at the customers expense. Streetwise Automotive will always endeavour to contact you about this accordingly.
4. If the service or repair cannot be done within 48hrs of an agreed time due to circumstances beyond Streetwise Automotive’s control, we will contact the customer and inform them accordingly – this may sometimes be due to parts not being delivered or the work required may take longer to complete.
5. All additional work is subject to VAT as required by law.
6. Special oils or spark plugs may be required for your vehicle. These will be an additional charge and we will inform you of the costs on the day of your service.
7. All parts used will adhere to the manufacturers service schedule and warranty and will be of “original equipment” (OE) standard – ensuring all warranties are validated.
8. In addition to your Statutory Rights, a Parts and labour Warranty is provided for a period of 12 months (or within 12,000 miles) of work carried out by Streetwise Automotive. The Warranty covers replacement defective parts only. However this may be subject to change when vehicles have been modified/tuned. Streetwise Automotive will not be held liable for any damage caused as a result of modifying/tuning a vehicle, the liability lies solely with the owner.
9. The Warranty is dependent upon:
9.(a). Streetwise Automotive being given an opportunity to investigate or rectify any faults within a reasonable time frame.
9.(b). The manufacturer’s vehicle operating instructions being followed.
9.(c). Having the vehicle serviced according to the manufacturer’s recommended schedule (at the time or distance specified).
9.(d). Full compliance with Streetwise Automotive’s advisories, warnings and information or any instructions provided by Streetwise Automotive verbally or in writing.
9.(e). The parts or workmanship carried out not being subjected abnormal conditions or unreasonable wear and tear.
10. Once the service has finished, payment will be taken – only upon cleared funds for all work done, will the vehicle be returned to the customer.